Tuesday 24 February 2015

I Rarely Feature In Movies Because Producers Cant Afford Me


Media personality, Uti Nwachukwu has revealed that most Nollywood producers can't afford him.

The Big Brother Africa Season 5 winner explained that he gets less movie features because, Producers are scared to call him. 

“There was a time producers were scared to call me. But I tell them that is where relationships come in. First, it is true that I am not going to be cheap. But this is not to say that I am super expensive. It also depends on the script. If I fill the role, then we can negotiate. I read the script, and see the movie is worth it. I then give it my best shot. I want people to see the movie and believe the film. And the scripts are really coming to him. I am affordable to the right people. I am expensive for non-professionals.”
On why he hasn't considered film production....
“Man proposes and God disposes. But I know it is not yet time for me to produce my own movies. God has blessed me with acting talent, and for now I am satisfied with exploring this talent. I am not in a hurry to produce because I am getting jobs. Many are going into production because they are not getting jobs. I am fine. It is not going to be impossible for me to get at least two calls for jobs within a short time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment