Saturday 25 April 2015

Yemi Blaq speaks on the time he kissed Mercy Johnson in front of his wife


In a recent interview with PUNCH, Nollywood actor, Yemi Blaq opened up about his career and family life.

See excerpts from the interview below:
Are you aware that not a lot of people know that you are married with kids?
Yes, I hear that a lot but I believe that business is business and the private life should be kept private. The more private you keep your personal life private, the happier you would be. Your family would not be in the limelight.

You are referred to as a ladies’ man. Before marriage, how many girls did you date?
The truth is that the appellation was given to me by people who do not know me. The number of ladies I dated before marriage is very private actually but the truth is that I cannot remember more than three. Honestly, I cannot remember more than three girls I dated before marriage.
Is Juliet Ibrahim one of them?
No, we never dated. She is my friend and I met her after she got married. We never met physically until one time in Abuja when we were shooting an action movie, Covet Operation. That was the first time we ever met. After that, she called me that she was shooting a movie in Ghana and that she wanted me to be a part of it. I agreed. She is a nice person, her sister is nice and I like her mother a lot. We just became friends. There was a picture that was taken for the publicity of a movie we did together where she played my wife. The picture looked like we were in love and were getting married. A blog picked it and said we were getting married and other bloggers just feasted on the story. There was a time I read somewhere that I said if I was not married, I would have married Juliet Ibrahim. I laughed about it and called her. We both had a good laugh about it because I never said anything like that. I have never wanted to marry her; we have a great platonic relationship. It has never been anything beyond that.
I learnt you met your wife on the set of her movie?
Yes it is true. My wife is a producer and a writer. I got a call from someone to feature in the movie and I accepted. It was while I was just starting out in the industry. I went to audition for the movie with my friend and we both got the part. From there, I started talking to my wife and our relationship blossomed.
Is it true that there was a time she was shooting a movie and she asked you to kiss Mercy Johnson passionately?
Yes, it was with Mercy Johnson and Rita Dominic. I did not feel somehow because we both studied Theatre Arts and we are professionals. After the first scene, she called me to a corner and reminded me about what we discussed while discussing the script. I was with her when she wrote the script and I gave her the name of the movie, The Distance Between. She said that we spoke about a certain degree of passion for the characters and that she was not seeing any. She told me that I had to do it properly and I obliged.
After the passionate kiss with two actresses in your wife’s presence, didn’t she act funny after the movie?
It was never mentioned again until I brought it up during a chat with somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment