Saturday 23 May 2015

I will become a Peace Ambassador after handing over to Buhari – Jonathan


President Goodluck Jonathan has disclosed that he will become a peace ambassador after handing over the mantle of leadership to Muhammadu Buhari on May 29.
The president explained that he strongly believes Nigerians can only practise their different religions in a peaceful environment.

Jonathan disclosed this shortly after he was decorated with the 2015 Epitome of Peace Award by the Field Superintendent of The Apostolic Church Nigeria, Federal Capital Territory Field, Apostle John Buzu, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Friday.

Jonathan, who has been receiving eulogies from the international community for conceding defeat to Buhari, said he would work hard to reduce religious and racial discrimination in the country after leaving office.

Hear him, “To whom much is given, much is expected. For you to honour me today, you have given me another mandate to work harder to ensure that we as Nigerians continue to live in peace.
“One thing I have decided I will do after leaving office is to be talking to faithful of all religions: Christians, Muslims and other religions, on the need for Nigerians to live in peace.
“This is because when there is crisis in any part of the country, nobody can practise his own religion. If there is crisis anywhere, people cannot go to the mosque, they cannot go to the church.
“We need peace in this country, no matter our religious persuasion or belief. That will be one of my main commitments when I leave office: to reduce discrimination in this country based on religious divides or ethnicity. I believe I will have so many apostles that will follow me to do that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment