Friday 1 May 2015

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Opens Up On How She Survived Cancer


A rare insight into the past physical challenge of the coordinating minister of the economy and minister of finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerged yesterday when she disclosed that she survived cancer 15 years ago affirming the scare is not the end of life.

She spoke at the service of songs for the late Oronto Douglas, special adviser to the president on research and documentation that held in Abuja last night.

The service was attended by a cross section of the society from civil society, government, the media, the clergy among others.
“Oronto and I had two similarities in life, we both had cancer. I had my last surgery, 15 years ago and I shared my experience with him,” she said, narrating how she repeatedly sought to encourage him using her triumph over the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment