Monday 25 May 2015

Oh My!! Kenyan Lawyer Offers President Obama 50 Cows, 70 Sheep, 30 Goats To Marry His Daughter (Photos)


The things we hear , hehe! A Kenyan lawyer named Kiprono Matagei has made public his special request to US President Barack Obama.

One of Kiprono's dream is to marry Barack's first daughter Malia so he has announced that he is ready to pay 50 cows, 70 sheep, and 30 goats as bride price. And he is ready to meet Obama to discuss the matter when Obama visits in July.

Kenya Digest reports that Kiprono said:
“I got interested in her in 2008. As a matter of fact, I haven’t dated anyone since and promise to be faithful to her. I have shared this with my family and they are willing to
help me raise the bride price”
The young lawyer claims his love for Malia is real, not infatuation.

People might say I am after the family's money but that is not the case. My love is real. I am currently drafting a letter to Obama asking him to please have Malia accompany him for this trip. I hope the embassy will hand the letter to him. I will hand it over to the US Ambassador with whom we have interacted several times.
What is disturbing here is that as at 2008 when Kiprono says he fell in love with Malia, she was just 10 years old.

Kiprono also added that should Obama accept his request, his engagement to the 'love of his life' will be a unique one.

“If my request is granted, I will not resort to the cliché of popping champagne. Instead, I will surprise her with mursik , the traditional Kalenjin sour milk, as an indication that she is my queen. I will propose to her on a popular hill in Bureti near my father’s land where leaders and warriors are usually crowned. Ours will be a simple life. I will teach Malia how to milk a cow, cook ugali and prepare mursik like any other Kalenjin woman”
                          
Malia Obama is 16, set to turn 17 on July 4.

1 comment: