Thursday 5 November 2015

Forbes Names Katy Perry The Highest Earning Female Singer Of 2015


Singer Katy Perry has been named by Forbes as the highest earning female act for 2015.

According to the financial website, 31-year old Perry made $135 million in the past year, mostly due to the success of her Prismatic world tour.

“I am proud of my position as a boss, as a person that runs my own company,” she told Forbes earlier this year. “I’m an entrepreneur. … I don’t want to shy away from it. I actually want to kind of grab it by its balls.”
Second on the list was Taylor Swift, who made $80 million off the successful release of her album, 1989, and the tour afterwards.
Half a million separated third placedFleetwood Mac and fourth-placedLady Gaga, who made $59.5 million and $59 million respectively.
Last year’s number one, Beyoncerounded out the top 5 this time, with an estimated take home of  $54.5 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment