Thursday 7 January 2016

Whoopi Goldberg Denies Being An African-American, Says She Is American


For many years, black Americans have been labelled African-Americans and not simple Americans, because their ancestors came from Africa.
Whoopi Goldberg has caused many to raise their eyebrows in curiosity due to comments made during Tuesday’s (January 5) airing of The View.
During a discussion on immigration, comedian and co-host Joy Behar joked many would flee the country if Republican frontrunner Donald Trump were elected president. Goldberg didn’t seem to think the comment was funny, and quickly scoffed at the idea.
“You know what uh uh! This is my country,” the Academy-Award winner said. “My mother, my grandmother, my great grand folks, we busted ass to be here. I’m sorry. I’m an American. I’m not an African American, I’m not a chick American, I’m an American!”
The other co-host Raven who has in the past expressed the same sentiment agreed, saying,

“I’m an American! I’ve been here too long to not just hold American.”

Goldberg added; “Since the 1700’s my people have been here,” the Oscar winner pointed out. “So I’m an American alongside of the Native-Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment