Sunday 16 November 2014

My Mother Was Against My Political Ambition - Kate Henshaw


Nollywood actress-turn-politician, Kate Henshaw claims her mother was not ecstatic about her joining politics. 
Henshaw, who is vying for a seat at House of Representatives to represent Akpabio Bakassi consistency, says her mother is totally against her venturing into politics, and even initially refused to pray for her.

In a recent interview with Daily Trust, Kate Henshaw said; "My mum said 'no way'. I told her to pray for me and she said she wasn't going to, so i told her I'd pray for myself. Some cousins of mine in Calabar then called her and told her to encourage me, that what i want to do is good. 
She told me someone else should go into it, and they asked her why someone else should. They told her i should do it because it would be good for the state. She finally agreed."

"Friends have also been supportive. They say I'm strong. They also say this is my kind of thing because i fight for people. But they advised me to be careful because politics is dirty. I told them the only way things will get better is if good people get inside. One can only change things if inside, not from the outside."

Kate Henshaw also defends the current rush into politics by entertainers saying; "As long as they are credible and willing to work for the people, they are within their rights to contest."

No comments:

Post a Comment