Thursday 11 December 2014

"He's Loyal & Tested" - Jonathan Confirms Sambo As Running Mate


President Goodluck Jonathan has named vice president, Namadi Sambo his running mate for the presidential election on February 14 next year.
The president made the announcement in the early hours of Thursday, accepting his endorsement as the party flag-bearer of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

"I stand before you to accept your nomination as your presidential flag-bearer. I will give my all. I will not let you down. I will not fail the PDP and above all, i will not fail Nigeria" he said.

"I want to announce that the vice president, Namadi Sambo, a loyal and tested partner will be my running mate and vice presidential candidate once again" he. Added.

Announcing a running mate was a decision closely watched at the party's national convention, with some speculating that Jonathan would go for someone different from Sambo, whom the President first named his vice in 2010.

Jonathan's confirmation as the PDP flag-bearer was announced after he received 2,812 'Yes' votes out of the 2,812 votes casted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment