Tuesday 3 February 2015

Why I Rejected A 2015 Rolls Royce Gift For My 60th Birthday - Pastor Tunde Bakare


While preaching recently to his church members, the general overseer of Latter Rain Assembly and convener of the Save Nigeria Group, Pastor Tunde Bakare confirmed the viral reports that he was gifted with a 2015 Rolls Royce for his 60th birthday, which he out rightly rejected.

According to him, he rejected it because Nigerians can’t be living in abject poverty why being given such a gift. 

"More importantly the company that sent the car, we are not sure if the company paid for it, or an individual did or a government official, but the company was involved in an $800,000 per car deal with a top Nigerian official not too long ago and the pastor wasn’t ready to get into such ‘mess’ he said.
“I was sitting at home one day and they brought in a brand new 2015 Rolls-Royce into my house. My 60th birthday was coming. I looked at it, kai! This is awkward. When you open your car, your door goes this way, its own door goes that way. It clears the way so that there is nothing blocking your way.
“I saw a button. They said, ‘It is an umbrella, sir. It is on every door in case it is raining, you just push it and the umbrella comes out.’ I said: Na wa o. Then I said: Oya, leave this place.
“Where is the road that I will ride it upon? My heart is not in things like this. I asked my son to take a photograph of the brand new car as a proof,” the pastor stated.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment