Wednesday 25 March 2015

Kelly Osbourne Reveals She Has The Cancer Gene, Supports Angelina Jolie's Surgery Decision


After Angelina Jolie revealed she's had her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed as a preventative measure against cancer, Kelly Osbourne has explained that she plans to do the same one day after discovering she also has the cancer gene.
The former "Fashion Police" host has tested positive for the deadly BRCA1 gene, which puts her at high risk of developing breast and ovarian cancers.
Speaking on US show The Talk, the 30-year-old revealed: "I actually do have the cancer gene.
"My mum made all of us go and get tested after she found out she had it and got her double mastectomy."
Talking about Angelina's brave decision to undergo surgery, Kelly admitted she totally agreed with her decision and that she will eventually do the same.
She said: "I agree with this one hundred percent. I know one day I will eventually have to do it too. If I have children I want to be there to bring them up.
"I have been the child a child of a cancer survivor and being on that end as well has been really hard to deal with, so I'm so lucky to have the brave mother I have that has taught me so much. It's something I applaud Angelina for because she's bringing attention to this, and people are now going to go out and get tested for it.
 Ten years after battling colon cancer, Kelly's 62-year-old mum, Sharon, took the difficult decision to undergo a double mastectomy following genetic testing which showed she had the cancer gene.

No comments:

Post a Comment