Thursday 12 March 2015

Madonna Opens Up About Being Raped, Explains Why She Never Pressed Charges


Madonna may be one of the biggest pop stars in America music history.
But long before selling out arenas and millions of albums, she was just a girl with a dream who wanted to make it big in New York City.
In a candid new interview with Sirius XM's Howard Stern Show, the Rebel Heart singer opened up about her journey in music, how she was raped, amongst other things. 
"First I was in shock, I didn't know a soul. I was saying hi to people on the streets like a dork." she said, explaining how it started.
 And as months passed by, Madonna's apartment kept getting robbed, leaving her with very few items. One of the most scariest events, however, happened when her friendliness got her into a difficult situation.
"I was going to a dance class and the door was locked and I needed money for the payphone [A man] gave it to me… he was a very friendly guy. I trusted everybody."
As it turns out, the unnamed person persuaded Madonna to make her phone call across the street where he lived. What came next was most horrifying.
"I was raped," she proclaimed. "The first year I lived in New York was crazy." 
When asked if she ever went to the police and filed charges, Madonna explained that the process was too overwhelming.
"You've already been violated," she explained. "It's just not worth it. It's too much humiliation." 

No comments:

Post a Comment