Sunday 22 March 2015

Singer Waje Says Her Recent Weight Loss Is Due To Depression


Lately, Nigerian singer Waje has lost some weight, and just incase you are wondering what’s responsible for her recent weight loss, the singer told Punch in a recent interview that it's due to depression. 
‘I reduced my weight because I watched my performance on screen one time and I was shocked. When you are on screen, you add ten pounds and there was a time I was performing and it was shown live. I did not like the comments on twitter and it made me depressed for a while. I had to make a decision if I wanted to enjoy life and call myself a fat person or I could live a better lifestyle. As a female brand, I am a visual brand and when you look good, people tend to take you more seriously. You also feel smarter, so I had to start thinking in that direction’.
The weight loss was intentional and the reason was because I wanted to live a healthier lifestyle. I just want to reduce my food intake, especially junk foods. My stylist is hoping I get slimmer because it is easier to style slim people. For slim people, you can get clothes off the rack but for people like me, we have to make the clothes most of the time,’ she said.
 ‘Because of my new lifestyle and weight loss, I had to give up some foods. I love ice cream and solid foods especially starch and banga soup but I had to give them all up. I try not to take too much of sugar because I love biscuit and chocolate but God has changed my life,’ she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment