Monday 6 April 2015

After being caged for 16 years, Pres. Jonathan is happy to be free at last(Must Read)

Following his defeat at the presidential election, President Goodluck Jonathan has finally broken his silence.

According to the president, the last 16 years has been a bondage for him. Jonathan says it’s as if he’s been in a cage in all the time he’s been in public service, TheNation reports.

He made the utterance on Sunday, April 5, while receiving residents of the Federal Capital Territory who were led by Vice President Namadi Sambo to pay him Easter homage at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said: “For me as an individual, this Easter concides with the time I am leaving(office) but I always say that I am one of the luckiest Nigerians. I have yet to see somebody luckier than me.
“I have been in government for 16 years beginning from 1999. Not in government as a parliamentarian because if you are a Senator or House of Representatives member, you take care of yourself, you live in your own house. I was in a cage, being taken care of by government. From May 29, 1999 to date; 16 good years. I think it is enough and I am happy.”
“Please help me to thank God for that. I will continue to thank Nigerians for giving me that privilege. I became a deputy governor because Bayelsans voted for me and my governor then (Diepreye Alamieyeseigha). I became a Vice-President because Nigerians voted for (Umaru)Yar’Adua and myself.”
“I continued in 2011 because Nigerians voted for me and Namadi Sambo. I have to thank all Nigerians. Wherever I will be, I will remain grateful to this great country. Today is a glorious day for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment