Tuesday 5 May 2015

Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, Wants To Buy Arsenal FC


Africa’s richest man has admitted that he still wants to buy Arsenal, despite failing with a bid to buy the club in 2010.

Nigerian commodities businessman Aliko Dangote is worth an estimated $15.7billion (£10.38bn), far in excessofcurrentArsenalmajorityshareholderStanKroenke (£3.7bn) and minority owner Alisher Usmanov (£9.65bn).
“I still hope, one day at the right price, that I’ll buy the team,” Dangote told Bloomberg.
“I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won’t want to resist. I know my strategy.”
Arsenal are currently valued at just shy of £1bn, £988m, and look on course to finish in second in the Premier League this season.

If a deal ever did go through, Dangote would become the first African owner of a Premier League club.

Dangote has previously stated that Arsene Wenger “needs to change his style a bit”.

No comments:

Post a Comment