Tuesday 26 May 2015

Pope Francis hasn't watched TV since 1990 and he’s never used the internet!


Pope Francis has claimed that he hasn't watched TV since 1990 after making a promise to the Virgin Mary.
The Pope said that he didn't even watch the matches of his football team San Lorenzo de Almagro back in Buenos Aires, but got a Swiss Guard to update him regularly on match results and league table positions.
In an interview with an Argentinian newspaper he said there was no particular reason for his vow- he simply decided: 'It's not for me.'
'I have not watched TV since 1990. It's a promise that I made the Virgin of Carmen on the night of 15 July 1990. I told myself: 'It's not for me'
The Pope said that he doesn't surf the internet either, and reads only one newspaper for ten minutes in the morning.
Francis who has kept up a whirlwind of work since his election two years ago has previously claimed that he has not had a holiday since 1994.
But he acknowledged in the interview that the workload was taking its toll.
 'I am under pressure. All those in government are under pressure. At the moment I feel the workload. I have a strong pace of work at the moment – it's the end of the school year syndrome with the focus on getting everything done before the end of June. There are a thousand things to be done and there are problems. '

No comments:

Post a Comment