Tuesday 2 June 2015

Bride shocked guests as she turned up at her wedding in a coffin (PHOTOS)


A 58-year-old bride, Jenny Buckleff recently shocked guests when she turned up at her own wedding in a coffin – meant for dead people!
Guess why?

She did it because she wanted to be  different.
‘I just wanted to do something a little bit different! Instead of turning up in a horse-drawn cart, I thought I’m going to turn up in a coffin.”
Her groom wasn’t in support at first, but she was able to convince him to reason with her.
“I almost didn’t tell Chris but in the end I spilled the beans about three weeks before. He was a bit surprised but he said as long as I was happy he would go with the flow.What more could I ask for from a new husband?!’I don’t normally dress like this and I’m not a goth at all.”
Although the pair gave lots of wedding guests a shock, they said they were pleased to have had such a talking point at the nuptials.
The couple met just six months ago and Mr Lockett proposed one month later in their local pub, the Horn and Trumpet.
The lorry driver, 51, said:
‘She kept it from me for a bit, but then it slipped out. It was different, but if that’s what she wants to do then that’s fine.’When we first met in The Victoria on the Square in Hanley, I gave her my number. But I was so drunk, I gave her the wrong number and kept going back to the pub week after week, waiting for her to come back in.It was maybe four or five weeks until we met again and it went from there. It was love at first sight. I proposed around Christmas.
‘I was out shopping for presents when I saw a jewellers and I thought, “Why not?” It wasn’t planned.’
Mrs Buckleff’s daughter, Jade Meads, 27, said:
 ‘The coffin was a bit strange, but my mum is never normal. I thought she was joking at first.’
The couple have five children from previous marriages, who were all there, alongside Mr Lockett’s ex-wife, to watch them get married on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment