Wednesday 17 June 2015

NBA Finals: Meet Andre Iguodala, the Nigerian who gave James Lebron a run for his money last night


Last night, Golden State Warriors’ Andre Iguodala was named MVP (Most Valuable Player) at the 2015 NBA Finals.
His father is Nigerian and mum American.
His recognition came after his stunning display against Cleveland Cavaliers’ Lebron James.
During the game 6 final which took place in Cleveland, it was Iguodala’s responsibility to guard Lebron James.
And guard him he did!
When Iguodala was on the floor, he made sure Lebron James hardly touched the ball, reducing James’ shots from the field to 38.1%.
Here are seven things you should know about this superstar!
1. He is 31
2. He is worth $28 Million Dollars
3. He has over 200 pairs of shoes. “I have a lot of shoes. I’ve been a big Ferragamo fan for five years now. It’s hard to find shoes in my size. I’m a 15. I have more than 200 pairs of Nikes and between 50 and 75 pairs of dress shoes,” he disclosed during a recent Salvatore Ferragamo fashion show in Italy.
4. He  lives in California with his fiancee, Christina Gutierrez and their  son – Andre Tyler Iguodala II.
iguodalachristina
clayanna_warthen_white_bikini_lyo2dnosized5. Apart from his fiancee who has a son for him, he has another babymama, Clayanna Warthen. She is a “hip hop video model/stripper” and has a daughter for him, London Iguodala.
6. He was sued by the mother of his daughter in 2009 for child support.
7. He has never played for Team Nigeria. He always chooses Team USA over Team Nigeria at the Olympics.
“They’ve (Nigerian Olympic Committee) been trying to get here for a long time now. They’ve gotten here and they want to prove that they belong. They even had a training camp in Dallas, in the States. It’s interesting. I’ve gotten calls from them a few times about participating. It was always my dream to play for the USA team. That’s where I grew up.I never gave it any serious thought. It didn’t feel right to me. I’ve never been there. I’ve never really had a chance to experience their culture, only from the outside looking in because of my father.” he explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment