Thursday 20 August 2015

Kate Henshaw Narrates how she lost Everything to Fire that gutted her Lekki Home


In June, Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw lost her Lekki house and possessions as well to fire.

The unfortunate incident occurred  when she was shooting the 'Do Good' TV comedy series. The following month she thanked all her fans and well wishers for their support during the tragic occurence.

Now in a recent interview with City People, Kate Henshaw narrated the course of events on the unfortunate day.
"It is true. The house got burnt and I lost everything. I really don't know what happened because I was here on the 'Do Good' set, I was filming, and was about to have lunch when my nanny called me and was like "madam fire". I told her to get people to throw water on it and didn't even know it was like a big fire. I immediately got up and by the time I turned into the street before mine, I could see the sky was black. I got there and there were people everywhere and nobody could get in. Because the first thing about fire is the smoke, its going to make it totally impossible to get in, and it could kill you. And my next door neighbour was having his daughter's birthday and there were children there, that was IK Osakioduwa, he happens to be my next door neighbour, and he had sent a message to all radio stations about the fire" narrated the veteran actress.
"I called the fire service for over 2 hours and there was no response, by the time they came everything had gone. The house was razed completely. But I am talking to you now, and I am glad to be alive. Winning this award further goes to show that as long as there is life, you can hope for tomorrow" said Kate Henshaw.
Last weekend Kate Henshaw picked up the City People Face of Nollywood awards. The actress is now upbeat and reflected on what the incident has taught her.
"There are two choices, either you stand up or you stay down. There are many people who have gone through such fire experience and lost their lives but there is no scratch on me, the will power is what matters. I was at that point where I said what's the use, where I am going to start from but I thank God."




 

No comments:

Post a Comment