Wednesday 30 December 2015

"I Didn’t Return To Music Because I Failed In Politics" – 9ice


Nigerian Indigenous music heavyweight star, 9ice has denied claims that he returned to music because he failed in politics.

The ‘Gongo Aso’ crooner, according to reports shocked his fans when he showed his interest in running for a House of Reps seat in Oyo state but unfortunately lost during the APC primary in the last elections.

Speaking with Punch, 9ice affirmed that although he did not win the election, the experience has taught him a lot.

In his words, he said:
“When I got into politics I realised that whatever level you attain in life, there are people who are more successful. If you think you are the richest man alive, politics would teach you that there are richer men on earth. There are a lot of things that need to be done and a lot of wrongs that need to be right. We need someone like a prophet to lead this country. We need someone with the fear of God. It goes beyond having a degree; we need leaders with the fear of God. We need someone like Pastor Adeboye to rule this country, besides he is educated and that is a plus. We need someone with good conscience and the fear of God. We don’t have that in Nigeria.”
The singer, after fighting a good fight, but losing the APC primaries in his Ogbomosho hometown, returned to his true calling while stressing that he did not return to music because he failed in politics.

9ice finished up saying that:
“It is not true that I am returning to music after failing in my political endeavours. People would always talk. When I went into politics, people said that it was because I was no longer making money through music. Music is my passion and even if it does not put food on my table, I would continue to pursue my passion. Music is something I can do for free. If it pays my bills fine, but if it doesn’t, I would still continue to do music. They have not heard the last of my political sojourn; come 2019, I would contest again.”

1 comment:

  1. Find out how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING by staying home and are living their dreams TODAY.
    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

    ReplyDelete