Thursday 3 December 2015

Oprah Winfrey reveals she was raped by a cousin at 9,talks about losing her baby at 14


OPRAH Winfrey has revealed the name of the son she lost aged 14.

The TV host, who opened up about her turbulent childhood during a talk with 12,000 fans in Melbourne's Rod Laver arena, admitted she named her child who died after he was born prematurely.

According to news.com.au, Oprah said: "I did have a son. And I named him Canaan because Canaan means new land, new life."

And explaining why she chose to name her son 40 years on from his death, she said: "I did an interview with a reporter before I came to Australia and she said you should name the baby son who died.'

"So I have named him, I had a little boy named Canaan."
Oprah didn't hold back when it came to the horrifying details of her upbringing, including the fact she was raped at the age of nine by a cousin.
She spoke about her harrowing childhood during the talk [Getty]

She also spoke about being molested by two family members before accidentally becoming pregnant as a young teen.
But, the 61 year old said her harrowing childhood made her determined to be "excellent" in her chosen career.
And inspiring crowds who came to listen to her speak, she said: "I'm here to help you turn up the volume in your life.
"I have a calling, you have a calling. If you are born, there's a reason for you to be here."
Oprah Winfrey revealed the name of the son she lost aged 14 [Getty]











No comments:

Post a Comment