Saturday 6 February 2016

Popular Nollywood actor accused of lying about his health to get money(Photos)


About two days ago, news about raising N7m funds for veteran Actor Olumide Bakare, made the waves.
Olumide Bakare
Olumide Bakare
The actor who was diagnosed with heart and long related disease cried out at that time saying: “This is beyond me; I can no longer handle this on my own. I need financial assistance. Help me to beg Nigerians to help me so that I will not die. I need their prayers to survive this.”
According to reports, the actor claimed he needed 5 to N7 million to live again.
However, Best of Nollywood Tv, a site that shared the actor’s account details, has said the actor might be using his ill-health to milk good Nigerians. According to the site, the actor has already gotten N3.2m within 48 hours of the campaign and a politician is set to give him N3m.
But an audio conversation is said to be available where Olumide’s close friend spoke extensively about his true situation and in the conversation he alleged that the doctors in UCH told him that all he needs was less than 200,000 only.
When the actor was challenged, he said: “I don’t need the money of nollywood and if I have been here since January 18th without nollywood I will survive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment