Wednesday 16 March 2016

How my abductors turned me to sex slave in Sokoto - 15 year old Patience Paul


The teenage girl who was abducted by a young Hausa man and taken forcefully to Sokoto where she was forced to convert to Islam has said that her captors turned her to a sex slave during her ordeal.

Speaking in an Interview with Leadership, Patience who is a primary six pupil, said her abductor and some Hisbah (Sharia police) personnel took her to an Imam in Runjin Sambo area of Sokoto with a claim that she wanted to convert to Islam.
“I was sent to buy biscuits and on my way I saw him (her abductor) and he persuaded me to come to his bungalow.”she said Patience said she was not forced into marriage but that her abductor turned her into a sex slave at the house of the Sarkin Baki.
“Yes, he was forcefully making love to me any time he wanted. They first took me to Sarkin Baki house, and kept me there for seven months before my parents came looking for me. They gave me something to drink, but I refused to take the drink, and they took me to one room and locked me inside the room. They forcefully made me to turn to Muslim and gave me another name, Aisha. Some people wanted to marry me, but the Sarkin Baki refused and said until I finish Islamic school before they marry me off”

No comments:

Post a Comment