Wednesday 3 December 2014

Lady Gaga Reveals She Was Raped At 19


American singer, Lady Gaga revealed that she was raped at the age of 19 in a recent radio interview with "Howard Stern Show" on Tuesday.

She said; "I went through some horrific things that I'm able to  laugh at now, because I've gone through a lot of mental and physical therapy and emotional therapy to heal over the years. My music's been wonderful for me.
But you know, i was a shell of my former self at one point. I was not myself. To be fair, i was about 19.
I went to catholic school and then all this crazy stuff happened and i was going Oh, is this just the way adults are?"

The topic was broached by Sten, when Gaga was asked why she wrote the song "swine" and she explained that it was about sexual violence.

"The song is about rape, demoralization, rage, and fury and passion and i had a lot of pain that i wanted to release."

Gaga explained that she had not previously addressed the issue because she didn't want to be identified by it.m

I'll be damned if somebody's gonna say that every creatively intelligent thing that i ever did is all boiled down to one dickhead, who did that to me. I'm going to take responsibility for all my pain, looking beautiful and all the things that I've made out of my strife. I did that."

Gaga also explained that she never confronted the man after the incident.

"I don't know how i would react. It would terrify me.
It would paralyze me. I saw him one time in a store and i was so paralyzed by fear. It wasn't until i was a little bit older that i went, "wow, that was messed up".

No comments:

Post a Comment