Saturday 24 January 2015

Actress, Halima Abubakar Reveals Why She Considered Commiting Suicide Last Year


In a recent interview with PUNCH, Nollywood actress opens up on she considered committing suicide last year - she was broke!

Hear her; “There were a lot of things that were wrong with me and led to my depression. I was angry, broke, people lied against me and they were also using my name to lie. I was deceived by the people I loved. I was seriously broke at the time and I had lots of responsibilities.
“There were many charity projects I was involved in and I was doing everything with my money. Everything just got to me at the same time and I felt fed-up. I wanted to kill myself because there was nobody to help me. It happened two years ago and it also occurred last year. I thank God I did not kill myself because I realised that nothing is worth it. I was upset with myself when I got back to my senses because the people you want to kill yourself for do not really care about you. It was a terrible phase in my life,”
When asked why her could not help her out, Halima said he compounded her case instead of helping out.
 “He was not helping matters. I wanted somebody that would listen and not say that I was lying or exaggerating the extent of what I was going through. Whenever I tell him I am sad, he wants to give me money but it is not all about money all the time.
“Yes, I said I was broke but it was not only about money. I was broken emotionally. If there is no hope, I feel I am broken. I needed a listening ear. The definition of broke is relative but Nigerians think it is only about money. Money was also involved. The first major problem I had was money; then I was also emotionally broke."

No comments:

Post a Comment