Friday 13 March 2015

Katty Griffin Follows In Kelly Osbourne's Footstep; Also Quits Fashion Police


Weeks after Kelly Osbourne's Fashion Police departure was announced, Kathy Griffin revealed she was quitting the show too.

The host who replaced late Joan Rivers on the series, made the announcement via a lengthy Twitter statement on Thursday. 
"When I chose to step into the shoes of my beloved friend Joan Rivers at Fashion Police, I was thrilled to continue her legacy as a woman being brash and eccentric on television," she tweeted Thursday. "I am a freedom-loving female and gay rights activist who loves to find the funny in all people, attitudes, beliefs and appearances, but only when the context permits intelligent humor."
"I thought that I could bring my brand of humor to Fashion Police so beautiful people in beautiful dresses could be teased when appropriate," she continued. "I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference. I want to help women, gay kids, people of color, and anyone who feels underrepresented to have a voice and a LAUGH."

The comedian added that she didn't feel like her comedic stylings were "the right fit" for the creative direction of Fashion Police, and decided "now it's time to move on."

E! also confirmed Kathy's exit, saying in a statement, "We can confirm that Kathy Griffin is leaving E!'sFashion Police. We wish her all the best and are grateful for her time on the show, as well as the many laughs that she gave us all. Fashion Police will return, as scheduled, on Monday, March 30, at 9 p.m. with our talented co-hosts Giuliana Rancic and Brad Goreski, and executive producer Melissa Rivers."

E! announced Feb. 27 that Kelly was leaving Fashion Police to "pursue other opportunities." After weeks of silence, Kelly finally spoke out about her departure on The Talk Tuesday, saying, "It was the five best working years of my life. I'm so grateful for the experience."



No comments:

Post a Comment