Thursday 14 May 2015

Buhari Opens Up: Why I Took Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, GEJ To Court


Incoming Nigeria’s President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari has on Wednesday revealed why he challenged the results of the presidential elections of 2003, 2007 and 2011 in court.
This disclosure was made known in Abuja when the Delta State All Progressives Congress members paid him a visit.
Buhari explained that he took the decision because he believed Nigeria needed freedom.
According to him, “Going through the court is not easy, both materially and physically, and I maintained that consistency because my view about my country is that Nigeria should be truly free.”
 “I understand why many of you, who were denied the opportunity to choose those you want to represent and lead you are taking the line I took in the last 12 years – in line with our constitution.
“Whether you get it or not, the most important thing is that you believe in the system and you should continue to try until the system is perfect.
“I express my condolence to you for the people murdered and I assure you that my objective of remaining consistently in partisan politics is to make sure that Nigerians are given their inherent right to choose whoever they want to lead them,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment