Monday 11 May 2015

I hope my wife will not divorce me when i leave office - President Jonathan


As he prepares to make his exit out of the Presidential villa, President Goodluck Jonathan has started talking… about what awaits him after loosing his grip on power.

Jonathan is apparently apprehensive of what awaits him in his personal life and officially after leaving office.

On Sunday during a thanksgiving and farewell service organised in his honour at the Cathedral Church of the Advent, in Abuja, the President inferred that his ministers of close aides will be persecuted.

He also hopes to not be persecuted like former South African President Frederik Willem De Klerk whose wife left him after he took the decision to abolish minority rule in the country.

In essence, he hopes Patience Jonathan will not leave him as a result of his decision to concede defeat without any fuss.

Hear him out:
“I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost; and there is no doubt about that. That I have run the government this way that stabilised certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability to this country. They are very costly decisions which I must be ready to pay for.”
“Some people come to me and say this or that person, is he not your friend that benefitted? Is it not your government that this person benefitted from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say that worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point.”
“And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear. When de Klerk took the decision to abolish minority rule in South Africa, even his wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not divorce me. But that is the only decision that has made South Africa to be a global player now. If they still have minority rule, by this time, nobody will be talking about them.”
“If you take certain decisions, it might be good for many but it might affect others differently. So, for ministers and aides who served with me, I sympathise with them because they will be persecuted. They must be ready for persecution. Quoting Tai Solarin, may your ways be rough, I say to my ministers, I wish you what I wish myself. They will have hard times, we will all have hard times. Our ways will be rough.”

No comments:

Post a Comment