Saturday 13 June 2015

Waje opens up about her teenage pregnancy



Sultry singer Waje has recalled how she was ridiculed for getting pregnant at 18.
Waje whose daughter is now 16, told Saturday Beats.
“I will not lie to you, I didn’t know anything. I was just a young girl. I was so naive and innocent. It wasn’t easy in those days. I was laughed at. I was given a nickname. I will not tell you the nickname. But the truth is that I was scorned.”My mother is a mother. She is a true mother. I don’t know what I would have done without her. She stood by me. She never discouraged me. I tapped from her strength. It was her strength that carried me on all through those years.
If anybody had told me I would be this popular, I would have told the person to keep his prophecy. I am indeed grateful. It has been God all the way and also, I cannot take away the fact that I have worked so hard to get to where I am today. It is not yet over though. I still have more to do”

No comments:

Post a Comment