Saturday 5 September 2015

70 year old man wakes up in Benue morturary 3days after being certified dead (Photos)


A man who was certified dead and had spent three days in a mortuary in Makurdi, the Benue state capital, has returned to life.
Amos Otene, 70, had been certified dead by doctors at a private hospital on Saturday, August 26, at about 4.30am. He was subsequently covered up and wheeled into the mortuary to await embalming.
The doctors had also extracted body fluids and other substances from the Otene’s body for post mortem examination in order to reveal the cause of his assumed death.
Otene had been admitted to the hospital on Friday, August 25, after he complained of severe toothache which persisted for several days

One of his children, Eche, who lives in Lafia, Nassarawa state, was taken to the mortuary to confirm that his father had indeed died. According to him: “The morticians at the hospital wheeled out the trolley containing my father and unveiled the face for me to see.
“It was in this process that he started raising his right hand and all of us fled towards the reception area of the mortuary. From a safe distance we watched as my father lifted himself and sat on the bed and that was about seven minutes later. One of the attendants eventually summoned enough courage and approached my father who fell back on the trolley.”
The doctors immediately ordered that Otene be readmitted in the ward where he was attended to and remained in the ward till the doctors carried out series of tests and certified him fit to go home.
Meanwhile, well-wishers have been goinging to Otene’s residence to catch a glimpse of him. Speaking to Vanguard, Otene said: “What I remember is that I was in a vehicle and traveled a long distance.
“When I got there, there were many people and there was a lot of celebration and merriment and the people were happy. But they did not allow me to stay with them. They said I should go back and repeat my work.
I am much better now and I thank God for everything and I also owe many thanks to the hospital for taking care of me and my family members who have been worried. I hope they will continue to be with me until I am completely free from this stress.”
But a Makurdi-based medical practitioner, Dr. Ameh Edace, said Otene was most likely not dead when he was declared so. He said:“He was in a long coma. He was in a long coma if he came back to life before embalment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment