Tuesday 15 December 2015

‘No human being dead or alive gave me N240m’ | Linda Ikeji clears self from #DasukiGate


Popular female blogger Linda Ikeji may (or may not) have been called out by social commentator and activist Kayode Ogundamisi for allegedly receiving a lump sum of N240 million from the administration of former president, Goodluck Jonathan.
Kayode, who didn’t particularly mention any names, took to Facebook to post a message saying that Dudafa Waripamo, Special Adviser on Domestic Affairs to Jonathan, revealed that he gave N240 million to a ‘popular female blogger in Lagos’.
While the news quickly spread like wildfire and led to series of interpretations and misinterpretations, Linda Ikeji, assuming Kayode was talking about her, has come out to defend her honour.
Here is what she posted on her website regarding the controversy that is currently trending across all social media platforms.
“So, social commentator and activist Kayode Ogundamisi tweeted this today…he didn’t mention any names but I am now trending on Twitter. Many assume he’s talking about me…and you can’t blame them really. He said…popular! I’m somewhat popular! He said female.. I’m female…duh! Lol. He said Lagos…I live in Lagos…in a posh place called Banana Island..lol. #Flipsweave! #Just teasing!
So people are reacting and some actually believe it! That PDP or someone in the party gave me N240m? For what? Advert? This was why I didn’t want to get politics advert money in the first place o…and but then some of you advised that I do when I asked here and now see the gbege that I have entered…lol.
But seriously for the record…no party registered or unregistered, no human being dead or alive gave me N240m for anything. The only advert I did for PDP was a page background take-over for former president Jonathan… and they asked for the space after I did a page background take-over for APC’s Akinwunmi Ambode. (I’m sure you all saw it). The two parties paid me same amount. I had a politics advert rate which I sent to everyone who wanted to advertise on LIB! And it was a few millions …which some of you followed to chop inside in the giveaway that April…lol. #Kidding!
Anyway, all these bad belle people looking for ways to bring a woman down…like I always say…you can’t! Except you’re mightier than God! Whether you like it or not, I’m a hardworking young woman who God chose to bless the work of her hand and is using me to bless others. Get over it! I am here to stay! Not going nowhere! *wink*. Make I go find una more news ojare!”

No comments:

Post a Comment