Thursday 23 October 2014

Update: Why i abandoned my kids for eight years in the boarding school


Mr Seun Adepegba, the father of the three children abandoned in a boarding school for eight years, in Abule- Iroko area of Ogun state, has finally come out of hiding.

The father of three said, life has been very tough for him and that, he left his children because he was jobless and no house to accommodate them.

Speaking to PUNCH, he said:
"In 2007, my wife and i had a misunderstanding and she left me. I was frustrated and the children were little. Seyi, the youngest, was just two years 
old. There was no way i could give them motherly care. I had no job. As a man, i needed somebody to help me take care of them and that was why my sister suggested that we enrol them in a boarding school."

"When the children's bill kept accumulating, i 
feared that if i suddenly appeared at the school, the proprietor would arrest me. I really appreciate the proprietor of Solid Rock Model School, for coming to my rescue and accepting the responsibility oof my children. The truth is, was pushed to the wall. I didn't want my children to be beggars on the street."

"All these years, i've been jobless. I had no house to live in. I was putting up with someone. I just rented a one room apartment and just got a job. I am not a wicked father. I really miss them. I can assure you that, before the week runs out, i will visit them."

He said, the last time he saw his wife was in 2007, when she left and that all efforts to reach her have not been fruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment