Sunday 4 January 2015

Madonna Apologizes For Manipulating Pictures Of Mandela and MLK


Madonna is defending photoshopped images of Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Bob Marley she posted on Instagram, claiming the pics were never intended to insult anyone.

The pop star posted a series of pics on Friday, showing Mandela, King and Marley wrapped in black cord to mimic the cover of her upcoming album "Rebel Heart".

After fans and critics blasted her for using the civil rights icons to promote her album, Madonna took to her facebook to apologize saying, "I'm sorry, I'm not comparing myself to anyone. This is neither a crime or an insult or racist. I'm saying they are Rebel Hearts too."

"I didn't do it. My fans did. And I just re posted those photos. My fans aren't racist either. If they put me in the same category as these other people, thank you.  I'm very flattered and I hope one day to live up to 1/100th of what those people accomplished." 

No comments:

Post a Comment