Saturday 25 April 2015

Bruce Jenner: I was born with body of a man and soul of a woman

Bruce Jenner, the former Olympic athlete and reality television star, has revealed he has struggled with gender identity since he was a child and that he has "lived a lie his whole life".
Ending months of speculation that he was transitioning into a woman, Jenner said "for all intents and purposes" he is female - becoming the most high-profile American to come out as transgender. 
The Kardashian patriarch declared that it would be his last interview as Bruce, and he would re-emerge as a woman.
"I have always been very confused with my gender identity since I was this big," admitted Jenner, lowering his hand to several feet above the ground.
While he asked to be addressed in the interview with male pronouns, speaking in front of millions of viewers, Jenner said: “My whole life has been getting me ready for this.
“I’d have been so mad at myself if I never explored that side of me,” he said, pulling down his long hair from its ponytail.
He revealed that at the age of eight he started dressing up in his mother and sister’s clothes: “At that time I didn’t know why I was just doing it, just that it felt good,” he said.
“I hate the term boy stuck in a girl’s body. I’m not stuck in anybody’s body... I’m me. My brain is much more female than it is male. That's what my soul is. Bruce lives a lie. She is not a lie."


No comments:

Post a Comment